Join us at Grandma’s for a Mystery Knit-A-Long:
Joji Locatelli’s “Starting Point” Wrap!
The “Starting Point” is a large rectangular wrap design using 5 colors of fingering weight yarn.
Carlene has created some special kits at Grandma’s, offered at 15% off retail price, for you to choose from and join in on this mysterious adventure!
You also have the option of picking out five skeins on your own from Grandma’s shelves, with a discount of 10% (you must choose all five skeins to receive the discount – if you want to mix and match from your stash, it will be regular retail price for your new yarns.)
You are welcome to join in at the meet-ups no matter how you choose your yarns, as long as some of it is from Grandma’s Spinning Wheel!
There will be five clues, released weekly, with the first clue’s release on Friday, May 12th.
Grandma’s will host a meet-up on every Friday during the Knitalong from 11am – 1pm to see each other’s progress and help each other through the clues.
Carlene will be participating – she will be away for the first two clues, but she’ll be working on her shawl while she’s away and will be back for the May 26th meet-up! (And participants will still be meeting up on the first two Fridays!)
Clue 1-May 12
Clue 2- May 19
Clue 3 – May 26
Clue 4 – June 2
Clue 5 – June 9
More information about the wrap from the designer:
- measurements are 26½ x 72” (66 x 180 cm) blocked.
- It has a graphic look, but it is still classic.
- You will need yarn in 5 colors and you will use up a lot of your yarn, so you need full skeins.The total approx. yardage is 1700 yards (1555 m). It is a BIG wrap. Please be aware of this.
- There will be 5 different clues, spread out over 5 weeks.It is good for all levels. There will be TV knitting and more engaged knitting. You will sure have fun.
- There is no brioche involved. There are no short rows either.
- There is a little bit of simple lace, about 10% of the total project.
- There is a lot of garter stitch.
Go to http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/joji-mystery-wrap for more info and to purchase the pattern (The pattern is $4.00 during the Mystery Knit-A-Long – it will go up to $5.00 after all the clues are released). NOTE: You will receive your own updates for each clue in your Ravelry library.